However, upon looking I found out it’s not only me facing the issue others are too.
So, you don’t need to worry much because every problem has a possible solution.
And I have 7 quick fixes for you in the guide below that worked for me.
What is API Error Latency Discord?
Discord API Error/Latency occurs when there’s a connection issue between the Discord client and the Discord server. It also occurs when the Discord nodes are overflowed with the user’s cache data.
Solution 1: Check Discord Server Status
Sometimes the issue lies in the server as too many visitors make the servers overloaded leading to API Error Latency Discord.
So, you need to check for Discord status:
- Go to Discord Status’s official website
- Now you will be able to see the issues for the past 24 hours and you will be able to know if the server is down or not.
- Moreover, you will be able to report the issue from there too.
If you are still having the error then continue to the next solution.
Read Also: Discord Not Opening
Solution 2: Disable Proxy Addresses
Sometimes the Proxy serves doesn’t allow the Discord app to connect the client and the remote server directly so, to run Discord perfectly try disabling the proxy addresses
- Press the Win+R key and open Run.
- Type inetcpl.cpl inside the box and press Enter.
- Go to the Connections tab of the pop-up window and click on LAN settings.
- Check box Automatically detect settings, and uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Click on OK to apply the settings.
- Now, proxy settings are disabled in your network.
After running Discord if you are still facing the Latency error then continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Switch to a More Reliable VPN
Discord Uses UDP (User Datagram Protocol) to connect its users with the Discord server. You have to disable all VPNs and prefer the desktop version VPNs which are reliable to use. And these premium VPNs are available on all devices.
For your convince, I am listing down some most reliable VPNs:
After enabling any one of the VPNs launch discord to check if you get to fix the Error.
Solution 4: Restart your Router
Restarting your router will allow you to establish a new connection with your ISP without any bugs and help you fix the API Error Latency Discord
Just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 2 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check for your internet connection.
Best Routers To Buy
Solution 5: Update the Discord App
An outdated Discord app can lead to problem like API Error Latency so it’s best you check for updates automatically on its launch and installs them.
So follow the steps on how to update discord automatically:
- Launch Discord.
- Allow the client to check for updates if any.
- If any updates are available discord will download and install them automatically.
- After updating you will see a pop-up list of new features or changes on your discord screen.
Read Also: Discord keeps crashing
Solution 6: Allow Discord Through Firewall
So, if you have been using Windows Firewall for privacy protection then make sure Discord is not blocked.
Just follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key and type Windows Firewall
- Select Windows Defender Firewall
- Then select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall
- Now scroll down and make sure discord has been ticked for the right network you are connected to.
- In case you are not sure then tick both Public and Private
- Click the Change settings box if you want to make any changes
Solution 7: Contact Discord Support
The least you can do to solve API Error Latency Discord error is to contact Discord support.
You need to explain the situation and can also attach some files with it. They will typically reply to you within 24 hours at the email address you provided.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section down below.