Since I bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, I have been facing various errors, and this time I was welcomed with Dev Error 11642 when I tried to start a private match, the game will load indefinitely and send me back to the lobby screen with the error message.
After finding out, it was not only me whose facing the issue as other users on Reddit reported it too.
However, I finally managed to fix the error and was able to fix it in 7 quick easy ways in the guide below.
Solution 1: Restart Your PS5
Restarting the console will eliminate any temporary error occurring due to the old cache such as COD Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 11642
So here is how You can restart your PS5:
- Turn on the PS5
- Press the Playstation button the quick menu will appear
- Select the Power option the small menu will appear
- Select the “Restart” Option
- Your PS5 restarts successfully
Read More: Call of Duty MW2 Dev Error 253 on PS5?
Solution 2: Update Your Game PS5 (Mannually)
Private Matches Not Working might be due to an outdated version of your COD Modern Warfare 2. So, you must be sure that you have an updated version of your game due to which this error occurs.
So, all you need to do is check if you have installed an update for it recently.
- Open the PS5
- Go select the game
- Press the options button the small menu will open
- Select the “Check For Updates“
- The game will start installing the update and the patch will also be installed with this upgrade.
If you want the game to update automatically on PS5 then follow the next solution.
Read More: COD Modern Warfare 2 Error Hueneme Concord?
Solution 3: Update the Game on PS5 (Automatically)
Enabling the games to update automatically is really helpful for gamers. When there is a new update of any game the PS5 will not notify you.
You have to check the update by following the above steps solution.
Automatically updating will make your console up-to-date and help gamers to solve any issue or get any new edition as soon as possible.
Follow the step down below to Update the Game on PS5 (Automatically):
- Go to the PS5 Homepage
- Go to the gear icon located on the top right corner of the Home page.
- The setting will open
- Select System
- The system setting window will open now select the Power Saving option
- From the right side select “Feature Available in Rest Mode“
- Three more options will appear Select “Stay Connected to the Internet“
- Make sure the toggle of this option is Turned ON
- Now exit from here and go back to the main setting menu
- Scroll down and select “Save Data And Game/App Settings“
- From the left menu select “Automatic Update“
- Now on the right side “Auto-Download” & “Auto-Install in Rest Mode” will be available
- Make sure both option toggles are ON
- The automatic update is now on successfully
When the updates are done the PS5 will go to sleep
Video Guide: How To Update Games on PS5
Solution 4: Change the Allocated Texture Cache Size
The next thing you can do is change the Allocated Texture Cache Size from settings to get over the COD Modern Warfare 2 error.
All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings and select the Graphics
- Press the Square button on the controller while on the On-Demand Texture Streaming
- Now set the Allocated Texture Cache Size to Medium or large
- After this restart your game and you will be able to play your private matches easily
Still, facing the error?
then continue to the next solution.
Solution 5: Turn off On-Demand Texture Streaming
If your internet connection is unstable or has high ping, it is advised to turn off On-Demand Texture Streaming on PS5.
So, just follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings and select the Graphics
- Now toggle OFF On-Demand Texture Streaming
- Next restart the game and you will be able to play your private match.
Solution 6: Delete and Reinstall Modern Warfare 2
If the above solution didn’t work for you then this will as this has worked for users
There could be some corrupted game data or files so why not delete and reinstall the whole game.
To reinstall any game on PS5 follow the steps below:
- Select the gear icon on the top right of your home screen.
- Select Storage.
- Then select Console storage and go to Games and Apps.
- Now you will see a list of installed games and applications where you will select the game.
- Press the Delete button in the bottom-right and confirm
- After that, you can reinstall the game by disc or online.
Solution 7: Contact PlayStation Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website and tell them about the COD Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 11642 on PS5 on their support page and they will typically reply to you within 24 hours.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section down below.