Destiny 2 players are facing a new error while playing the game or some experience this at the login page and are unable to solve it.
This error has annoyed too many players, where some vent on Reddit, but still not helping them fix their error.
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot.
Solution 1: Restart the Game
Whenever you encounter Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot and any game bug, you should restart the game before trying any further solutions.
Restarting the game will eliminate any temporary error occurring because of the old cookies and cache or the system’s other software clashing with your gaming software.
All of these errors will be eradicated after a simple restart of the game/PC or any other platform you use.
Read More: Destiny 2 Keeps Crashing? Freezing PC
Solution 2: Check the Server Status
Sometimes the Destiny servers are down for maintenance or having technical issues and this leads to Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot.
So, it is better to check the server status before applying any further solutions.
To check the server status of the Destiny 2 game, follow the steps mentioned down below:
- Go to the help.bungie.net
- Here you can check the server status if the server is down for maintenance they will let you know on this page.
- Similarly when the server is down from the technical issue here the server status will be updated.
Now if the Destiny 2 server is working fine then most probably there is an issue from your side.
Follow the upcoming solutions to troubleshoot your PC to Fix Bungie Error Code Marmot.
Solution 3: Close Unwanted Programs on Windows 11/10
Closing unwanted programs will help you eliminate the Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot.
So, let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the “Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot” is solved or not.
Read More: The Guide to Quick Leveling in Destiny 2
Solution 4: Power Cycle Your Router
If the above solution didn’t work then this solution will work and provide a better internet connection which will help you solve the Destiny 2 Error code Marmot.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch.
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in.
- And check if the Wi-Fi is visible to you or not.
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix.
Best Routers To Buy
After power cycling your router it is better to Update your Wi-Fi drivers to avoid any error code Marmot Destiny 2.
Solution 5: Update Wi-Fi Drivers through Device Manager
If you use the Wi-Fi Modem and you don’t update the Wi-Fi drivers in a long time then it’s time to update the Wi-Fi drivers to have uninterrupted internet to avoid error code Marmot Destiny 2.
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open device manager
- Then select the Network adapter
- A further menu will open
- Find your Wi-Fi drivers
- Click right on the Wi-Fi card name
- Click on the updated driver
- Now a new window will open
- Select “Search automatically for drivers“
- If you want to install some other driver on your Wi-Fi then
- Select “Browse my computer for drivers“
- And then go to the path where you download the new drivers.
After updating the drivers sometimes the inappropriate DNS cache is causing errors while you gaming to fix this follow the next solution.
Solution 6: Clear DNS Cache and Data
How do I reset my DNS settings? How do I clear my DNS cache?
- Click on the Windows start icon on the bottom left corner.
- Then press Windows key + R.
- The Run box will appear.
- Type cmd, and click on OK.
- Then on the cmd window, enter the following commands: (Note: Type the following commands, and hit Enter after every command)
Now after clearing the DNS Cache and Data it’s time to set your DNS settings automatic on your PC/laptop to fix the Error code Marmot Destiny 2.
Is it OK to clear the DNS cache?
Since clearing the DNS cache removes all the entries and forces your computer to repopulate those addresses, the next time you try accessing those websites. This won’t affect the performance of Destiny 2 and eliminate the Error code Marmot Destiny 2.
Solution 7: Setting your DNS to Automatic on Windows
To fix “Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot”, we suggest setting your DNS automatically.
Here is you can set DNS on Automatic:
- Press Windows key + R.
- Then type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- In the internet connection, right-click on Ethernet and choose properties.
- In the properties window, choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Click the Properties button
- Now choose the options “Obtain IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server automatically”
- Click OK.
If you already using the automatic DNS settings, then you should try the Google DNS manually.
Solution 8: Using DNS manually or Google’s DNS to Fix Destiny 2 Error code Marmot
Here is how you can set Google’s DNS in Windows 11:
- Press Windows key + R.
- Then type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- In an internet connection, right-click on Ethernet and choose properties.
- In the properties, the window chooses Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Click the Properties button.
- Now write 126.96.36.199 in the box next to ‘Preferred DNS server’
- And then write 188.8.131.52 next to the ‘Alternative DNS server
Hope this will help you to fix the Bungie Error code Marmot if not then move on to the next solution.
Solution 9: Switch to a More Reliable VPN
Free VPN did not allow you to stream at full speed they set a limit to the free version which is not a very useful speed for working or gaming.
The premium VPN helps the players to achieve an uninterrupted gaming experience and will not compromise the FPS and ping of the game.
For your convince, I am listing down some most reliable plus they are working with other users without having any Destiny 2 Error code Marmot.
DISCOUNTED VPNS FOR THE CPU GUIDE READERS
Hope the above Solutions help you eradicate the Destiny 2 Error code Marmot.
If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section down below or you can reach us on our social handles.
Our Social Handles!
How do I fix error code Marmot Destiny 2?
Here is how you can fix Error Code Marmot Destiny following the upcoming solutions.
1. Restart the Game
2. Check the Server Status
3. Close Unwanted Programs on Windows 11/10
4. Power Cycle Your Router
5. Update Wi-Fi Drivers through Device Manager
Why do I keep getting Destiny error 2?
This might happens due to multiple factors but most of the players experience errors on Destiny 2 due to the bad connectivity.