PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN?
PS4 can’t connect to PlayStation Network?
So, you just bought your brand new PS4 and you see an error message on your screen saying “Unable to connect to server”
No need to worry as you are not the only one having this issue.
So, just calm down because we have prepared a list of some official solutions to solve PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN.
How do you fix PS4 Cannot connect to PSN within the time limit?
You can fix PS4 Cannot connect to PSN within the time limit by following the list below:
- Check your internet connection.
- Try to change your DNS settings.
- Check PSN service status.
- Power cycle your router.
Why won’t my PlayStation connect to PSN?
Your PlayStation won’t connect to PSN due to the following reasons:
- Internet connection must be slow
- The wifi signal strength must be weak
- The PSN server may be down
Related: PS4 Controller Not Charging?
Best Video Guide For PS4 Can’t Connect to PlayStation Network
Solution 1: Check if the Play Station Network (PSN) is Down?
If you think your internet connection is working properly then PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN might be due to PSN servers that will be undergoing maintenance.
So, all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
How do I check my PSN status?
Here’s how you can check PSN status:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the service status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- If the server issue is fixed then do check for system software updates.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem.
If you think there’s an internet problem then follow the next solution to fix PS4 can’t connect to PlayStation Network. Also Read: PS4 Error CE-36329-3
Solution 2: Power Cycle Your Router to Fix PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN
If the above solution didn’t work then power cycling your router has worked for some users in fixing PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN
How do I auto power cycle my router?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check if the PS4 can’t connect to PlayStation Network is solved
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix You should have a powerful router like the one below to overcome PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN. QUICK BUY: TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) -Dual Band Gigabit Wireless
Solution 3: Restart Your PS4 Completely PS4 can’t connect to PlayStation Network
A complete restart of the PS4 console is necessary sometimes to clear the cache and restart certain processes that might be corrupted due to excessive use of the console.
It can also reset your connection with PS4
So let’s Restart:
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep to turn off the PlayStation 4 completely.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the console
- Let it be unplugged for a couple of minutes
- Now plug it back into the console and turn on your PS4
This will work perfectly and will fix the corrupted system files to solve PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN issue, if not then try the next solution.
Solution 4: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
How do I improve my Wi-Fi Speed?
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
And if you can’t do this then try buying a powerful router that will provide you strong and wide signals around your house.
Or you can establish a wired internet connection too.
And then check for PS4 can’t connect to PlayStation Network issue solved.
After improving the Wifi speed if you still have PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN then move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Update Your Router’s Firmware to Fix PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN
If the above solution didn’t fix your PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN then updating your router software will do the job. Sometimes an outdated router software leads to a drop in internet speed resulting in can’t sign into PlayStation Network. So, it’s best to update your router firmware, and here’s how you can do this:
- Go to your router login page.
- Sign in and look for the software update option.
Solution 6: How to Change Your DNS Settings On PS4?
There is some faulty DNS error that may cause PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN.
So let’s change the DNS Settings:
- Click Settings > Network Settings.
- Select View Connection status and write down IP Address, Subnet Mask, and the Default Gateway.
- Then click Set Up Internet Connection.
- Click on the network you are using.
- Now select Custom > IP Address Settings > Manual
- For Primary settings enter 188.8.131.52 and for Secondary 184.108.40.206 to match the Google DNS.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
- And Reboot your PS4 to check if the PS4 can’t connect to PlayStation Network is solved or not.
Solution 7: Check for System Software Update
If changing DNS didn’t fix PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN then you need to update your PS4 System software to the latest version.
- Go to your PS4 home screen
- From settings select System Software Update
- If there are any updates, select Next and then Update
- After the updates are downloaded a Notifications window will pop up
- Select Downloads to install the downloaded updates
- Restart PS4 and your PS4 can’t connect to PlayStation Network will be fixed.
Solution 8: Call Your ISP to Fix PS4 can’t connect to PlayStation Network
The least you can do to solve PS4 can’t connect to PlayStation Network is contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP).
They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
And if the situation is worse then they will be sending a professional and make it work for you.
Solution 9: Contact PS4 Support
The last way you can sort out PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN is to Contact PS4 Support.
The issue can be specific to your console and PS4 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope these solutions helped you overcome PS4 Won’t Connect To PSN.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.