Is your PS5 Bricking?
You just bought your brand new PS5 and it got bricked. No need to worry as you are not the only one having this issue.
We know that PS5 bricking is not a normal issue for such an expensive console that you cannot buy again these days due to shortage.
So, just calm down because we have prepared a list of some official solutions to solve PS5 bricked.
Video Guide: PS5 bricked
Solution 1: Turn Off Rest Mode
If you want to get rid of PS5 bricked then the first thing you need to do is disable rest mode on PS5.
Turn off your rest mode in PS5 and if you have disabled it before then rebuilding the database will enable it automatically.
Here’s how To TURN OFF Rest Mode On PS5:
- Go to the PS5 settings menu.
- Then go to Power Saving
- Now select Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode.
- And to turn off select Don’t Put in Rest Mode.
Solution 2: Restart Your PS5 to Fix PS5 Bricked
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It will recreate all the configurations before starting up.
Check out the best Tips: PS5 Won’t Turn On?
So, here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console and after a minute click on the power button of your console which will drain all the power.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plug in everything back and Restart your PS5
- And try a wired internet connection after restarting and make sure you reconfigure your settings to check if PS5 Bricked is fixed.
If the above solution didn’t fix PS5 bricking then move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Try a UPS
Mostly PS5 bricking occurs when the console is not shut down properly and you have seen a message on your screen saying “your PS5 wasn’t shut down properly” which means that the PS5 got shut down automatically.
So, in some countries where users face power outages, you should use a 1200VA UPS for your PS5 so, that you get some time to shut down your console properly and get over PS5 bricked.
Solution 4: Check For Updates to Fix PS5 Bricking
If you are still facing PS5 bricked then you need to update your PS5 System software to the latest version.
But remember before updating your PS5 you need to read what the update is about and what changes it will make to my console.
After reading carefully about the update then you should try the steps below because most users face PS5 bricking after updating their console.
Make sure your PS5 has a proper internet connection.
How do I update my PS5 software?
So, you will be updating the system software automatically:
- On your screen with the help of the PS5 DualSense controller go to Settings.
- Now select System > System Software Update and Settings.
- Next set updates to download and install automatically.
- Then select Update System Software and your PS5 will check for updates.
If there are any updates, then after that PS5 will handle all the worries and all you need to do is wait to get your PS5 bricked fixed
Solution 5: Contact PS5 Support
The last way you can sort out PS5 bricked is to Contact PS5 Support.
The issue can be specific to your console and PS5 Support can possibly fix this. You need to tell them the whole situation that how your PS5 got bricked and they will send a package to you in which you have to send the console back to the Sony.
Moreover, after fixing your bricked console they will send it back to you and this whole procedure will take around 10 working days. So, if you can wait for this much longer then you can try this step or you can take your PS5 to the nearest repairing center
I hope these solutions helped you overcome PS5 bricked.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.
Can you fix a bricked PS5?
Yes, you can fix a bricked PS5 by restarting your console and disabling the rest mode on your console.
Can a stolen PS5 be bricked?
Yes, if your PS5 gets stolen and you complain to Sony, they will surely brick it.
What causes PS5 to crash?
Your PS5 can crash when it’s put into rest mode, the software might be outdated or the game data might be corrupted.