PS5 CE-106485-4 on PS5 Digital?
So, those users who are preferring downloading games physically than digitally will be seeing an error message on their screen saying “Something went wrong”.
Honestly, you don’t need to worry because we have prepared some valid solutions for you to fix the PS5 CE-106485-4 digital game.
What is PS5 Error CE-106485-4? CE-106485-4 Digital Download?
PS5 CE-106485-4 is the most common error that has occurred so far in PS5 and it occurs whenever you try to download a game through the disk onto your internal SSD and doesn’t let you copy your game.
What are the reasons for PS5 Error CE-106485-4?
The only reasons found until now for PS5 Error CE-106485-4 are:
- The disk drive might be corrupted.
- PS5 system software might be outdated.
Video Guide For PS5 Error CE-106485-4
Solution 1: CE-106485-4 Digital Fixed by Inserting Disc
Although while reading this solution you will find it weird but trust me this has worked for many users to fix PS5 Error CE-106485-4.
Remember one thing that DO NOT manually press the Copy button after inserting the disk.
Just follow the steps below:
- Insert the game disc into your PS5.
- DO NOT press the Copy button after inserting the disk.
- Wait for a while and PS5 will start the copying press automatically.
- If the process didn’t start then press the PlayStation button on the DualSense controller.
- Go to Power and then select Restart PS5 option.
- After restarting the console your process for copying the game will begin immediately.
- And if the process didn’t start then there’s a problem in the disc or drive but not in the software.
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
Solution 2: Update Your PS5 Firmware to Fix PS5 CE-106485-4
So, far Sony has given this solution to fix PS5 Error CE-106485-4.
All you can do is update your PS5 system software to the latest version.
Although it updates automatically its good to check for updates yourself and here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System > System Software.
- Then go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
Solution 3: Rebuild Database on PS5 to Fix CE-106485-4 Digital
This is the best solution that has worked out for many users fixing PS5 something went wrong CE-106485-4.
What happens if you rebuild your PS5 database?
This Rebuild Database on PS5 feature allows you to clean up the data on your PS5 and sort out everything on the hard drive.
- First, make sure your PS5 System Software is up to date
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now go down to option number 5 and select “Rebuild Database“
- Wait for the process to complete and your CE-106485-4 problem will be solved.
Resetting PS5 will completely wipe off everything from the console whether it’s a game, save data, or any other content.
So its best to backup data first on your cloud storage and here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings, then select Saved Data.
- Now choose the type of data you want to backup and click Next.
- And PS5 backup will begin.
After backing up your data, now you can reset your PS5:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to System
- Select System Software> Reset Options > Reset Your Console > Reset.
- PS5 will restart and you will be directed to the setup process.
Solution 5: Contact PS5 Support
The last way you can sort out the CE-106485-4 is to Contact PS5 Support. The issue can be specific to your console and PS5 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope the above solutions solved your PS5 Error Code CE-106485-4 something went wrong
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.
What does it mean when your PS5 says PlayStation Network is currently busy?
When your PS5 says PlayStation Network is currently busy it means that PSN servers may be down.
What does code CE 106485 4 mean on PS5?
CE 106485 4 mean on PS5 that the software can’t read the game or application data.
What happens if you initialize PS5?
When you initialize PS5, all the data that is saved will be gone and our PS5 will restore to default settings.