Are you having an error called PS5 Error Code CE-107649-7?
You just bought your brand new PS5 and when you inserted the disc, you saw an error message on your screen saying “The inserted disc contains content that is different from the installed data“.
No need to worry as you are not the only one having this issue.
So, just calm down because we have prepared a list of some official solutions to solve CE-107649-7.
What are the Reasons for the PS5 error code CE-107649-7?
Here are some reasons due to which you are facing error code CE-107649-7:
- You inserted a disc that has extra features and data that differs from the data installed on the console.
- The system software might be outdated.
- Your disc might be dirty.
Solution 1: Update Your PS5 Firmware
So, here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to System > System Software.
- Then go to System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5.
Solution 2: Delete and Reinstall the Game to Fix Skyrim CE-107649-7
If the above solution didn’t work for you then this will as this is the official solution that Sony recommends to do to solve PS5 Error Code CE-107649-7.
There could be some corrupted game data or files so why not delete and reinstall the whole game.
- On the PS5 home screen select the game or application which you want to delete.
- Press the options button and select Delete from the list.
- Then select OK to confirm.
- Now go to Game Library on the home screen.
- Find the game which you want to reinstall, select it, and choose the Download option.
Solution 3: Cleaning The Blu-Ray/DVD Disc
If reinstalling the game didn’t fix erreur CE-107649-7 then check the game disc.
For this you need to do is:
- Eject the disc manually by pressing the Eject button on your console
- OR you can press the Options button on your DualSenese controller which is on the Home menu which will give you the option to Eject Disc.
- Now check the disc carefully for any scratches or smudges underside.
- Clean the disc using a clean, soft microfiber cloth.
- Insert the Disc back into your console and check if the CE-107649-7 is fixed.
Solution 4: Reset PS5 to Fix PS5 Error Code CE-107649-7
Resetting PS5 will completely wipe off everything from the console whether it’s a game, save data, or any other content.
So its best to backup data first on your cloud storage and here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings, then select Saved Data.
- Now choose the type of data you want to backup and click Next.
- And PS5 backup will begin.
After backing up your data, now you can reset your PS5:
- Go to Settings
- Then go to System
- Select System Software> Reset Options > Reset Your Console > Reset.
- PS5 will restart and you will be directed to the setup process.
Solution 5: Contact PS5 Support
The last way you can sort out PS5 CE-107649-7 is to Contact PS5 Support.
The issue can be specific to your console and PS5 Support can possibly fix this.
I hope these solutions helped you overcome PS5 CE-107649-7.
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comment section.
What happens if you unplug your PS5?
When you directly unplug your PS5 it can result in data loss or corrupt files.
What will happen if I reset my PS5?
All your games, saved game data, trophies, screenshots, passwords, and everything will be wiped off when you reset PS5
Why does 2k21 keep crashing PS5?
NBA 2k21 keeps crashing PS5 due to the corrupted database so it’s best you disable Supersampling Mode in the Video Output Settings.