So, you just thought of playing your favorite game on PS5 but when you turned your PS5 ON there was no display on the TV?
I know you are really worried now!
First of all, you don’t need to worry much as many either users reported about PS5 not displaying on TV on Reddit
There are a couple of fixes that have worked in fixing the PS5 Not Connecting To TV!
Let’s try them to see which one works for you.
Why is my PS5 Not Connecting To TV?
PS5 Not Connecting To TV can be encountered due to many reasons.
I will be listing down here all the reasons for the PS5 On but Not showing up on TV:
- No Power / Faulty Power Cable
- Faulty HDMI Cable
- Dusty/Damaged HDMI Ports
- Faulty Disc
- Software Glitch
- Hardware Issue
Solution 1: Power Cycle Your TV
A user has suggested turning the TV off which I suggest is by plugging the power cord directly and turning the TV on from the menu and it has happened to help a lot of users as they kept on thanking in the thread. Don’t forget to wait for 5-10 minutes before you turn it back on!
Let us know if this helps you out as well?
If you are still facing PS5 On but Not showing up on TV then try checking your HDMI cables.
Solution 2: PS5 HDMI Cable Not Working? Check Your PS5 HDMI Cables
PS5 HDMI cable not working? PS5 No signal HDMI?
Make sure you use 2.1 HDMI cables, sometimes labeled as High Speed if your experience PS5 won’t connect to TV but turns on.
Let’s check if your PS5 cables are faulty and if they are the cause of the PS5 no signal/display error:
- Unplug your HDMI cables from the back of your both TV and PS5.
- If you are thinking to buy a new one then, first try switching the ends of HDMI cables.
- Plugin the HDMI cable of your PS5 into your TV and vice versa.
And if this didn’t work then unplug the power cable of your TV from the switch for 1 minute and then plug it back in.
Additionally, to fix PS5 HDMI Not Working, you can:
- Take a laptop or any device that has an HDMI port
- Connect it with your TV or any Display
- Check if the cable responds now.
If you are still stuck
Then, it could be your faulty HDMI ports
the next solution might help you in fixing PS5 won’t connect to TV but turns on!
Also Read: PS5 Not connecting to Wifi?
Solution 3: PS5 HDMI Not Working? Check Your HDMI Ports
If you find your HDMI cable fine after following the 2 methods given before, you need to make sure that your ports are fine. Before that ensure that there is no faulty HDMI port.
What are the Causes of PS5 HDMI Port Issues?
HDMI ports can cause issues due to multiple reasons.
I’ll list a few reasons for PS5 HDMI Not Working here for you:
- Dirt and dust can accumulate in the ports that can interrupt transmission.
- Wrong position of HDMI cable: Bent cables can damage ports too.
- Faulty Cable can damage the ports too, so only authentic cables should be used if your original PS5 cable gets worn out.
- The port can get damaged if you inserted the cable forcefully. We need to be careful here!
- The worse situation that I hope no one goes through is when the HDMI chip on the PS5 motherboard becomes faulty.
How to Fix an HDMI Port on a PS5?
Firstly, you need to Identify by using a flashlight any damage to the ports.
If you spot dust in the HDMI port, clean it yourself, either by blowing in the port.
Or you can use earbuds to clean the dust as well.
Additionally, upon inspection if you see any broken port or if the port is not fixed, then you need to get it fixed by a technician.
Video Guide to Fix PS5 HDMI Not Working
Note: Do not attempt this repair to fix PS5 HDMI Not Working if you do not have the skill or equipment to do so.
Solution 4: Power Cycle Your PS5
Power cycling your PS5 drains out any electrical energy it has retained in it that causing the glitch to retain there and will help you fix PS5 Not Connecting To TV
To power cycle, all you need is to turn off PS5, unplug all the cables, and plug the cables back in after around 20 min which shall hopefully boot it up.
Solution 5: Boot PS5 in safe Mode To Fix PS5 Not Connecting To TV
Many users who got their PS5 won’t connect to TV but turns on fixed by booting it into safe mode.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Turn your console off by pressing down on the power button for around five seconds
- Press down on the power button until you hear two beeps
- After the second beep, plug in your controller’s USB cable to connect it to your console
- Press the PS button
- Your console will now start up in the safe mode
If you are still facing PS5 On but Not showing up on TV then continue to the next solution.
Solution 6: Update Your TV Firmware
Updating your TV software can help you fix PS5 Not Connecting To TV as sometimes the TV’s manufacturer makes changes to their firmware as soon as some new gaming device launches such as PS5.
So all you need to fix this is:
- Visit the website of your TV manufacturer as it depends on the TV model you have.
- Update the Firmware of your TV by clicking on the following link:
- Or you can visit their nearest franchise
- The website/franchise will let you know how to update your TV firmware.
If updating your TV’s firmware couldn’t fix PS5 On but Not showing up on TV then continue to the next solution.
Solution 7: Change Video Output To Fix PS5 Not Connecting To TV
If the above solution didn’t work for you then all you need to fix the PS5 Not Connecting To TV is to follow the upcoming steps to change your Video Output:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing the power button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot in Safe Mode.
- Now connect the PS5 DualSense controller to the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Select Change Video Output > Change Resolution.
- Then select OK and your PS5 will restart and then select the video output resolution.
- Select option 2 which is Change HDCP Mode > HDCP 1.4 Only.
Also Read: Unable to Update Your PS5? Check our Guide to Update PS5
Solution 8: Contact PS5 Support
If none of the above solutions didn’t work for you then all you can do is visit the PlayStation Official Website. Or you can go to your nearest Sony Service Centre and they will give solve your PS5 won’t connect to TV but turns on.
Solution 9: No PS5 Support Available?
It is a bet to get a device where there is no support available, and PS5 is one of those devices that is not supported in a large number of countries.
To check if you live in a supported region, then check out this link.
Living in a supported region will help you get over the PS5 On but Not showing up on TV pretty quickly, but unsupported regions have limited options.
- One way you can get around is by sending your PS5 to a friend/relative living in a supported region. If they are visiting you, this will save you extra cost, and then you can file for the refund process.
- Additionally, you can check out technicians, or Sony Experts in your area and ask them to fix it.
- Lastly, look out for services in your country that do make your PS5 refunds possible as there are always some services when official support is not available.
Let us know which one worked for you in fixing the PS5 Not Connecting To TV for you in the comments section below!
Is Sony releasing a black PS5?
Is HDMI 2.1 supported on PS5 consoles?
Yes, the PS5 console does support the HDMI 2.1 specification.
Additionally, PS5 supports 4K 120Hz video output too. Although very few PS5 games are compatible with these settings, in the future we can expect more supported games that utilize this amazing feature.
To feel the action happening at 4k with 120 FPS, then you need to get a 4K TV too that supports 120Hz.
What’s HDR on PS5? Does PS5 support HDR?
HDR (High Dynamic Range) delivers higher contrasts that uplift the whole experience and make it feel more immersed. HDR can deliver large color and brightness ranges than the more common SDR (Standard Dynamic Range).
Though all PS5™ consoles have HDR capabilities, the availability of image quality depends on your home entertainment set-up.