Someone is violating the guidelines, and you are wondering How to Report Someone on Discord?
Discord is the most famous and safest VoIP(Voice Over Internet Protocol) platform for gamers worldwide and helps you to communicate with other teammates through chat or voice or video
Seeing that some other user is violating the rules by saying something inappropriate
Threatening or being abusive in chat
You can report it and for that, you need to follow some steps which will be coming up.
And you will also get to know
What happens if I report someone on discord?
If your report violates the discord guidelines then that user will get ban their user account and IP addresses.
How do I report underage discord users?
Is reporting on discord anonymous?
Yup, its totally anonymous to report on discord as the discord trust and safety team won’t tell you what actions are taken so its completely safe to report.
If The Message Violates Discord Guidelines
So sometimes if the users of the entire server are violating or performing an illegal activity then you should check first the community guidelines before reporting the issue to the moderator and these are some activities which are not tolerated in Discord:
- Violating IP rights
- Spam messages
- Sharing child pornography
- Threatening another user
- Promoting suicide or self-harm
- Distributing virus
- Sharing pics of animal cruelty
So if the violation falls in the above mentioned then do report it else if you are the moderator of the server you can them yourself and won’t be able to join the server until you allow them.
Recommended Accessories & Add-Ons
|🛒-Buy Rogue High-Back LED-Lit Gaming Chair Now|
|🛒-Buy Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless Gaming Headset Now|
|🛒-Buy NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Wi-Fi Router Now|
Reporting On Discord Desktop/PC
For this, you have to turn your Developer Mode. You can simply do this by following these steps:
- Launch Discord on your PC and log in
- At the bottom of the window click the settings icon
- On the left panel click Appearance and scroll down and toggle on Developer Mode
- Now Right-click on the Username you want to report
- Select Copy ID so if the username changes but the ID will remain the same and paste it into someplace where you can access it easily
- And if let’s say you want to report a message which is inappropriate just click on that specific message
- Click the three dots and then select Copy Link and paste it where you pasted the previous ID.
- Now you have to send the report to the Discord Trust and Safety Team.
- Enter your Email address and in the Description, box paste the Two IDs
- Tell them which rule was broken and you can send the proof in the form of screenshots through Attachments.
- Lastly, click Submit and your report will be sent to the Discord team
The Discord team will soon reply to you by sending an email.
How to Report Someone on Discord [iOS]
How do I report someone on discord mobile?
It’s quite easier reporting on an iPhone you just have to do is
- Press your finger for long on top of the message in question and press the report option
- There’s no need to send the IDs and the Discord Team will take a look at this and if still, you are not satisfied then email them firstname.lastname@example.org and explain them the situation.
How to Report Someone on Discord [Android]
To activate developer mode:
- Go to User Settings
- Click on Behavior
- Toggle developer mode
To copy the User’s ID, click on the user name/id, and on the new page, find Copy ID at the bottom.
To copy Message-ID, long press on the message and sliding menu will open with the option to Copy ID.
Then Finally, go to Discord Trust and Safety Team and report the user while you justify your stance properly.