Got the latest update of Steam Deck and is your Steam Deck Not Updating?
Steam Deck can’t complete the update?
You will be seriously angry right now that you just bought a brand new console and Steam Deck won’t system update problem comes.
No need to worry about this at all as we have prepared a list of solutions below to overcome your issue.
But, first here are some questions that will be in your mind right now:
Why won’t my Steam Deck download an update?
Steam Deck might not be able to download your update be due to:
- Not enough space on the hard drive; and,
- If there is enough space, then Force Rebooting(Solution 1) will solve this.
Why is my Steam Deck update taking so long?
Your Steam Deck is taking so long due to the following reasons:
- As the updates process depends on the file size so if its a big file size so takes longer to update.
- Also, it depends on your internet connection so it best you use a wired internet connection.
Solution 1: Force Reboot Steam Deck
The first thing you need to do is force reboot your console to overcome Steam Deck not updating.
Just follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 12 seconds
- Press the power button once to turn the console back on.
- Now connect your Steam Deck to the internet and the updates will start to download.
If you are still facing Steam Deck won’t update then continue to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update Your Router’s Firmware
Sometimes an outdated router software leads to a drop in internet speed resulting in a Steam Deck Not updating.
So, it’s best to update your router firmware which will help you get over Steam Deck updates download faster.
And here’s how you can update your router firmware:
- Go to your router login page.
- Sign in and look for the software update option.
- And then follow on-screen instructions to complete the process and your Steam Deck not updating be fixed.
So, updating your router firmware didn’t help you fix Steam Deck not updating then continue to improve your Wi-Fi speed.
Solution 3: Improve Your Wi-Fi Speed
Steam Deck Not updating also occurs when the router is too far from your Steam Deck, which results in slow downloading the updates so, try bringing your router close to your Steam Deck, and will receive strong signals leading to a stable internet connection.
Make sure you use a wireless device that is compatible with the 5GHz band instead of 2.4GHz.
Still, facing Steam Deck not updating?
Then try the last solution.
Solution 4: Contact Steam Deck Support
If you cannot get rid of the Steam Deck not updating after force rebooting, you should contact Steam Deck support and ask them to perform the necessary repairs on the console.
We hope you get to fix the Steam Deck not updating or stuck on update. Also, we recommend that you start the troubleshooting by rebooting or fixing the internet connection and if you face any hurdles while trying the solutions then do let us know in the comments section below.