Virtual Reality (VR) has become a popular way to experience immersive content, and many people use Discord to connect and communicate with their friends while gaming or engaging in other activities. If you want to share your VR experiences with your Discord community, you can use the platform’s Go Live feature to stream your VR gameplay or other VR content.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to set up and stream VR on Discord and why some users aren’t able to stream.
How to Stream VR on Discord?
- Launch the Discord app on your PC.
- After that, create a Discord server and if you already have one then skip to the next step.
- Alternatively, you could join your friend’s server.
- Install Steam VR if you have one then continue to the next step.
- Launch the Steam VR app and start the game that you want to share with your friends.
- Make sure that both Steam VR and your game are running in the background and if not then this is the main reason that leads users to unable to stream VR on Discord
- After launching Discord select the server on which you want to stream VR and click on the game name at the navigation bar above the username
- Click on the monitor-like Share your screen icon next to it
- You will see a screen where you can select a server Voice channel, Streaming Quality, Resolution, and Frame rate here and after making changes click on the Go Live button at the bottom
How To Stream VR With Sound?
Some of you might have trouble with the audio not working while streaming the game on Discord. This typically happens when you launch the game without starting Steam VR first.
So, just follow the steps below:
- Make sure all the apps running in the background are closed and launch Steam VR.
- Click the menu icon and select the Settings option.
- Click on the Audio option and then toggle ON Audio mirroring
- After that, you need to choose which device you want to duplicate the VR audio to by expanding the drop-down list.
- Make sure to start the game before beginning the stream in Discord.
- Now repeat the same steps as mentioned above in Discord
How to Stream Oculus Quest 2 to Discord?
Are you looking to share your Oculus Quest 2 experiences with your friends on Discord?
It’s easy to stream your Quest 2 gameplay to Discord, allowing you and your friends to watch and chat about your VR adventures in real-time
There are two ways to stream Oculus Quest 2 to Discord: by casting and by using the Virtual Desktop app. In this guide, we will provide step-by-step instructions for both methods to ensure that you have a clear understanding of how to stream your Oculus Quest 2 gameplay to Discord.
- Go to the Oculus Casting website on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge on your desktop. I suggest you not use any other browsers because they don’t support Oculus casting.
- You will be redirected to the casting page once you have signed in.
- Put on the Oculus headset and press the Oculus button on the controller
- You will see 4 options on top of the VR screen. Click on the one that says Cast.
- Then select the “Discord” option from the list of available devices.
- A pop-up window will appear on your computer, asking you to authorize the connection between Oculus and Discord. Click “Authorize.”
- In Discord, go to the server or channel where you want to stream Quest 2.
- Click on the “Video Camera” icon in the bottom left corner of the Discord window to start streaming.
- You should now see your Oculus Quest 2 display in the Discord window. You can use the Discord voice chat to communicate with other users while streaming.
Casting Oculus Quest 2 to Discord using Virtual Desktop
- Install the Virtual Desktop App on your Oculus Quest 2 and desktop.
- Launch the desktop app and input your Oculus user name.
- Now, open the Virtual Desktop in Quest 2. You should now see your Desktop screen if you are connected correctly.
- To open the Desktop window, press the menu button.
- Make sure that the Microphone Passthrough option is enabled in the Settings menu. It is recommended that you disable Noise cancellation.
- Select the VR Graphics Quality section based on the power of your graphics card. You can change the quality to medium, high, or low.
- Set VR Bitrate to default
- Now you can share the Oculus Casting tab on your browser with Discord to share the Oculus stream.
Hope you get to know how to stream VR on Discord
And if you got any questions just let us know in the comments section below.