Are you getting the “Something went wrong, try again” error when loading the timeline?
Are you sign up for your account and every time you see we sent you a code it goes back to the signup page right before?
Twitter is a go-to for many of us who want to know what’s going on in our region/world with over 206 million daily active users worldwide. Currently worth around $44B and Elon Musk trying to buy it, Twitter itself is a trend.
Latest trends and opinions are shared and with such a big audience, it is normal for some outages as it happens with other social giants as well.
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve “Twitter Something Went Wrong“
Before heading to the solution, let’s answer some questions about “Twitter Something Went Wrong“
Is something wrong with Twitter today?
To check something wrong with Twitter. You have to visit the Twitter status site where you can know if Twitter is down or not.
What is Oops something went wrong?
Whenever you encounter “Oops something went wrong” this might happen due to the unstable internet. When you have an unstable internet connection the sending and receiving of data is compromised and data can’t able to reaches twitter and eventually, you will get “Oops something went wrong“.
What does something went wrong Try again mean on Twitter?
“Something went wrong to try again mean on Twitter” Occurs when your browser contains an old cookie and cache which prevents you load Twitter properly. So it’s good to delete the old cookie and cache of your browser to avoid getting “Something Went Wrong” Try again.
Video Guide: How to Fix Twitter “Something Went Wrong, Try Again” Error
Solution 1: Restart the PC
The most simple solution of all time is to restart your PC.
Whenever you encounter Twitter Something Went Wrong and any error or bug, you should restart the PC before trying any further solutions.
Restarting the game will eliminate any temporary error which is occurring due to the old cookie and cache or the system’s other software is clashing with your gaming software. All of these errors will be eradicated after a simple restart of the PC or any other platform you use.
After restarting the PC now update the PC.
Solution 2: Keep your PC Updated To Fix Twitter Something Went Wrong
Sometimes your outdated PC is the main cause of the Twitter Something Went Wrong and not being able to load the media on your browser.
How do I update my Windows 11?
So, here is how you can update Windows 11:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates.
- If there is any update it will start updating the PC.
After updating the Windows now delete the browser cookie and cache.
Solution 3: Delete Browser Cookies & Cache
Cookie & cache is sometimes is the cause of unexpected errors like Twitter Something Went Wrong.
Web browsers store the data in the cache of your PC. Web browsers have your browsing history, Saved login, and cookies from the sites. when the cookie & cache is outdated this will prevent you enter into your desired website/webpage which you trying to access.
So, it’s good to try to eliminate the cookies & cache to fix Twitter Something Went Wrong
If you do not clear the cookie & cache it will show errors again and again due to the old data stuck in the cookies.
How to Delete browser history on Google Chrome?
- Try clearing your browser’s cookies and cache data. In Google Chrome, press the Ctrl + Shift + Del hotkey.
- Press Ctrl + H.
- The History page will open
- On the left side Click on Clear browsing data
- Select the All-Time option from the time range
- Check all the options Boxes
- Select the Cookies and Cached data options
- Click the Clear data button
- And your cookies and cache will be cleared
Hope after Clearing the cookie & cache the Twitter Something Went Wrong will be eliminated.
Solution 4: Power Cycle your WIFI Router to Fix Twitter Something Went Wrong
If the above solution didn’t work then this solution has worked for many users in fixing the error Twitter Something Went Wrong.
How do I power cycle my wifi router?
Here is how you can power cycle the Wifi router:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in
- And check if this will Speed Up Your Internet Connection on Windows
Make sure all devices which are affected in the process are accurately fixed back.
After power cycling the router if there is no effect on the error then you have to update the Wifi drivers to eliminate “Twitter Something Went Wrong”.
Solution 5: Update WIFI Drivers through Device Manager
Where is the WiFi driver in Device Manager?
Follow the steps to find and update the WIFi drivers:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Then select the Network adapter
- A further menu will open
- Find your WIFI drivers
- Click right on the WIFI card name
- Click on the Updated Driver
- Now a new window will open
- Select “Search automatically for drivers“
- If you want to install some other driver on your WIFI then
- Select “Browse my computer for drivers“
- And then go to the path where you download the new drivers.
If the error still persists then proceed to the next solution to solve Twitter Something Went Wrong.
Is it OK to clear the DNS cache?
Since clearing the DNS cache removes all the entries and forces your computer to repopulate those addresses the next time you try accessing those websites. This won’t affect performance and eliminate Twitter Something Went Wrong.
How do I reset my DNS settings? How do I clear my DNS cache?
- Click on the Windows start icon on the bottom left corner.
- Then press Windows key + R.
- The Run box will appear. Type cmd.exe, and click on OK.
- Then on the cmd window, enter the following commands: (Note: Type the following commands, and hit Enter after every command)
Close the window.
And see if the error Twitter Something Went Wrong is fixed.
Hope all of the above solutions help you to solve the “Twitter Something Went Wrong” error.
Share your experience in the comment section down below.
How do I clear my Twitter cache?
To clear the Twitter cache, follow the steps down below:
1. Press Ctrl + H
2. The History page will open
3. On the left side Click on Clear browsing data
4. Select the All-Time option from the time range
5. Check all the options Boxes
6. Select the Cookies and Cached data options
7. Click the Clear data button
8. And your cookies and cache will be cleared
Why does it say tweets aren’t loading right now?
When you open someone to tweet and you encounter an error saying “Tweets aren’t loading right now“.
This will happens when the owner of a tweet is not able to support his/her stance and due to the backlash, the owner of the tweet has deleted the tweet.
Why can’t I log in to Twitter?
When you can’t log in to Twitter try to check the username and password Carefully. If you are using any VPN then turn it off and try again.