Or, you are new to Facebook and can’t figure out where to find the Dating app and how to use it?
Then you really don’t need to worry as some users also asked the same question on Reddit.
So, follow the guide below to know How To Activate and Use Facebook Dating in simple steps
But before moving on:
- First, we tell you how to activate Facebook Dating
- Next in simple steps we would look at the common features and how to use Facebook Dating.
- And will get to know about the Secret Crush feature too.
How to Activate Facebook Dating Android/iOS?
Make sure you turn ON your location services before opening the Facebook app.
If you are older than 18 then continue the steps to activate Facebook Dating:
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Tap , then Dating.
- And then tap on Get Started
- Now allow Facebook to access your location
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your dating profile.
- To edit an item, tap the Pencil
- And to remove it from your profile entirely, tap ‘X‘.
- When you’re done, tap I Accept to Submit your profile and you will be able to activate Facebook Dating.
And if you don’t know how to use the Facebook Dating app, continue reading.
MANUAL: How To Use Facebook Dating App on Android/iOS?
After activating the Facebook Dating you must have known that there’s no separate Facebook Dating app or Facebook Dating site as the feature is integrated into the Facebook mobile app.
The Facebook Dating feature somehow works the same as Tinder.
So, here are some common things you should know that will help you to use Facebook Dating App:
- Profile: This will help you add or remove photos, add introductory text, tweak your stats, and much more.
- Gear: Here you can specify living distance, age, gender, and more.
- Matches: If both users like each other, tap a photo to start a conversation with that person.
- Liked you: Shows who have “liked” your profile, and you can like or dismiss them from here as well.
- Heart button: Tap the heart on a user’s profile to like them, or tap the X to pass. If they like you back, you can start a conversation.
- Answer a Question: By taping on Answer a Question you will be able to answer random questions that will help Facebook improve your match suggestions.
- Swipe right to like and swipe left to dislike.
- You can also add photos and share Instagram posts at the bottom of your profile page.
How To Use Facebook Dating Secret Crushes?
If you are interested in someone or have a crush on them then you can use the Facebook Dating Secret Crushes feature and for that follow the steps below:
Useful Tip: Your dating profile won’t be visible to any friends who use the feature and you won’t get suggestions from your current Facebook friends.
- In the Facebook Dating app, you will see the More to Explore section with a number of other options
- Tap on Secret Crush
- Now add the person via a Facebook friend or Instagram follower.
- If you add the person as your crush, that person will be notified that they have a secret crush.
- And if that person also marks you as a crush, your identity will be revealed.
How to Delete a Facebook Dating Profile?
If you want to delete your Facebook Dating profile then remember that this won’t delete your regular Facebook profile.
Also, all your matches and messages will be gone.
So, follow the steps below to delete your Facebook Dating Profile:
- Tap the Gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the General tab.
- And then Tap on Delete Profile.
- Select a reason for quitting Facebook Dating, or tap Skip.
- Tap Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
- At the end tap on Delete Profile and you will be able to delete your Facebook Dating Profile.
Hope all the above steps helped you To Activate and Use Facebook Dating.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section below
Our Social Handles!
Why is Facebook Dating Unavailable?
Facebook Dating is unavailable as notifications might be blocked or the cache might need to be cleared
What does the Star mean on Facebook Dating?
The star is called a “spark.” You can send three in a 24-hour period as it shows that you are interested in someone.