Your CCleaner is already registered but when you click on the “Check for updates” options it won’t work and lead to CCleaner Won’t Update.
I can understand that you will be frustrated!
But you don’t need to worry much
As we have 5 easy solutions for you to get rid of CCleaner Not Updating in the guide below.
5 Causes To CCleaner Won’t Update
Solution 1: Check the Server Status
Sometimes the CCleaner servers are down for maintenance or have any technical issues according to the CCleaner community
So, it is better to check the CCleaner server status before trying out anything else. And if the CCleaner server is down then you wait until its gets back online.
To fix CCleaner Won’t Update, follow the steps mentioned down below:
- You need to visit Updownradar which is a site that provides you with the status of various websites and their services.
If the server is working fine then use try restarting your PC.
Follow the next solution to know more.
Solution 2: Restart Your PC
You should restart the PC whenever you encounter CCleaner Not Updating or any other bug.
All of these errors will be eradicated after a simple restart of the PC or any other device you use.
If the restart didn’t help then try closing unwanted programs to fix CCleaner Won’t Update.
Solution 3: Close Unwanted Programs On Windows 11/10
If the above solution didn’t work, then closing unwanted programs on Windows 11/10 will help you to eliminate the CCleaner Won’t Update.
So, let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the “CCleaner Won’t Update” is solved or not.
If the error persists, proceed to the next solution
Read More: CCleaner Error Code 0x2f7d
Solution 4: Keep your PC Updated
Sometimes your outdated PC is the main cause of the CCleaner Not Updating and other ones on Windows 11.
Outdated drivers in your PC or your current Windows version are not able to support the new connectivity parameter of your internet.
As you update your Windows, all the drivers are updated too and this will fix the CCleaner Not Updating.
So, here is how you can update your PC:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates
- If there is any update, it will start updating the PC
- After the updating is done launch CCleaner and check if you get to fix CCleaner won’t Update.
If not then try the next solution.
Solution 5: Reinstall CCleaner On the Desktop
If you couldn’t fix CCleaner Not Updating then one thing you can try is reinstalling CCleaner.
As it could be due to a corrupted installation of the CCleaner before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the CCleaner follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Then type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Look for the CCleaner and right-click on it to Uninstall.
- Go to CCleaner’s official website and download the latest version.
- Once complete, run this executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Now launch CCleaner and you should be able to fix CCleaner won’t Update.
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve CCleaner Not Updating.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section
What’s the latest version of CCleaner for Windows?
The latest version of CCleaner for Windows is 6.01.9825 and it’s available for download.
What happened CCleaner?
In September 2017, CCleaner 5.33 came with a Floxif trojan horse that could install a backdoor, enabling remote access to 2.27 million infected machines.
What do you do when CCleaner asks you to close Chrome?
Whenever CCleaner asks you to close Chrome click Yes to allow CCleaner to close Google Chrome.