Don’t know How to make Potions in Minecraft?
Or, What things are required for potion making?
This guide is for you!
Things Required to Make Potions in Minecraft:
You can use potions on yourself and on enemies too. Some basic tools are required to make Potions in Minecraft are:
- Brewing Stand
- Blaze Powder
- Glass Bottle
- Water Bottle
Almost all potions are made in the Brewing Stand. So let’s make a brewing stand first as the first step for making Potions in Minecraft.
Craft Brewing Stand:
The brewing stand is easy to make, you only need 2 items to make a Brewing Stand:
- 1 Blaze Rod
- 3 Cobblestones
Place the items in the crafting table as shown below to make a Brewing Stand.
Now fill the bottles with the water from the cauldron or from any source of water, and place at least one or more water bottles in the lower three slots of the brewing stand. Place Blazing Powder as fuel in the top left box of the brewing stand as shown below.
A base ingredient is used in the upper box of the brewing stand to make a base potion.
Basics of Making Potions in Minecraft:
The basic steps to make Potions in Minecraft are:
- The base ingredient is added to make base potions, usually, a nether wart is used to make an awkward solution.
- Effect ingredient is added into the awkward potions to make the potion with effects.
- Enhancer ingredients are added to enhance the effects of potions.
You can reverse steps 2 & 3 but not step 1. Each brewing step takes 20 seconds and each blaze powder is used for 20 steps of brewing.
With an Awkward Potion, you can make Potions with three different effects, Positive Effect, Negative Effect, and Mixed Effect.
List of Positive Effect Potions:
|Potion of Healing||Potion of Night Vision|
|Potion of Fire Resistance||Potion of Invisibility|
|Potion of Regeneration||Potion of Water Breathing|
|Potion of Strength||Potion of Leaping|
|Potion of Swiftness||Potion of Slow Falling|
List of Negative Effects Potions:
|Potion of Poison||Potion of Harming|
|Potion of Weakness||Potion of Slowness|
List of Mixed Effect Potion:
- Potion of the Turtle Master
Let’s Make Base Potion to make more Potions in Minecraft.
Usually, Awkward Potion is used as the base potion.
The Base Potion is easily made with a water bottle and nether wart. Place the ingredients in the brewing stand as shown below.
Potion Of Weakness:
Only Potion of weakness is not crafted with an awkward potion. It is easily crafted with Minecraft fermented eye and a water bottle. Place both items in the brewing stand as shown below.
In some potions, the Potion of Weakness can also be used as a base potion. Now let’s see the list of Effect/Secondary Ingredients we can use to make Potions in Minecraft.
Effect/Secondary ingredients are added to the base potion to add some effect to the potion. Following is the list of ingredients and their effects created.
- Fermented Spider Eye- Poison
- Glistering Melon- Healing
- Golden Carrot- Night Vision
- Blaze Powder- Strenght
- Pufferfish- Water Breathing
- Magma Cream- Fire Resistance
- Sugar- Swiftness
- Ghast Tear- Regeneration
- Rabbit’s Foot-Swiftness
- Phantom Membrane- Slow Falling
- Turtle Shell- Water Breathing
Now let’s know the list of Enhancer/Modifier Ingredients that we can add to the potions to enhance their effect.
Enhancer/Modifier can corrupt or enhance your potions when added.
- When you add Fermented Spider Eye to some potions, it can corrupt the potions effect and turn it into a completely new potion.
- When you add Glowstone Dust to some potions, it’ll increase their strength. A “II” will appear at the end of their name.
- When you add Redstone Dust to some potions, it’ll extend the duration of the potions. A “+” will appear at the end of their name.
- When you add Gun Powder to some potions, it’ll turn into a Splash Potion. A Splash Potion is thrown on the ground to work and it’ll effect everyone in that area where it shatters.
- When you add Dragon’s Breath to any of the Splash Potion, Lingering potions will form. A Lingering potion is also thrown on the ground but it effects remain for a short period of time after shattering.
I hope you now know how to make Potions in Minecraft. Now craft as many Potions in Minecraft as you want.
In the end, I’ll tell you the recipe of one or two potions which you can use.
Potion of Night Vision:
Trust me!, we all want to see better not just in Minecraft, in life too. Well, I only have the solution for Minecraft yet. Potion of Night Vision gives you the ability to see better at night. You only need two items to make Potion of Night Vision:
- Awkward potion
- Golden Carrot
We have already created the Awkward potion, so our first item is completed.
You can easily make Golden Carrot by combing carrot with 8 golden nuggets as shown below:
Now place at least one or more bottles of awkward potion in any of the bottom three boxes. Place Blazing Powder in the top left box as fuel and Golden Carrot in the top box as shown below:
Now have a great night vision fellas!
Position of Invisibility:
Let’s be honest, how many of you actually wanted this potion in your actual life?. Sadly! it’s just available in Minecraft only yet. This potion also helps you in hiding from hostile mobs. You only need two things to craft Invisibility Potions in Minecraft:
- Potion of Night Vision
- Fermented Spider Eye
We have already made the Potion of Night Vision above. And if you don’t know how to make fermented spider eye check: Make Minecraft Fermented Spider Eye.
Now place one or more Potion of Night Vision in any of the bottom three boxes. Add Blaze Powder in the top left box as fuel and place Fermented Spider Eye in the top box as shown below:
I hope you enjoyed this guide about Minecraft and support us with likes, shares, and comments.
How do you create potions in Minecraft?
You can easily create potions in a brewing stand with awkward potions as base potions and add any of the Effect/Secondary ingredients to add some effect to the potions.
What potions are in Minecraft?
In Minecraft, there are many types of potions. Potions in Minecraft are divided into three categories, Potions with positive effects, potions with a negative effect, and potions with mixed effects.
How do you make potions in survival Minecraft?
Following are the steps:
1. Open Brewing Stand
2. Place Blaze Powder as feal in the top left box
3. Place a bottle of awkward potion in any of the bottom boxes
4. Place ingredient of your choice in the top box to make your desired potion
How do you make potions splash?
When you add Gun Powder to some potions, it’ll turn into a Splash Potion. A Splash Potion is thrown on the ground to work and it’ll affect everyone in that area where it shatters.
How do you make potions stronger?
When you add Glowstone Dust to some potions, it’ll increase their strength. A “II” will appear at the end of their name.
How do you make a Potion of invisibility in Minecraft?
You only need two things to craft Invisibility Potions in Minecraft:
1. Potion of Night Vision
2. Fermented Spider Eye
If you liked this article “How to make Potions in Minecraft”, also read: