Your CCleaner is already registered but when you click on the “Check for updates” options you’re welcomed with an error message saying “0x2ee7: The server name or address could not be resolved“
If that’s what you are experiencing then you will be frustrated!
Also, some users reported the error on the CCleaner community
But you don’t need to worry much as we have 7 useful solutions for you to get over CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7 in the guide below.
5 Causes To CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7
Solution 1: Check the Server Status
Sometimes the CCleaner servers are down for maintenance or have any technical issues.
So, it is better to check the CCleaner server status before trying out anything else. And if the CCleaner server is down then you wait until its gets back online.
To fix CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7, follow the steps mentioned down below:
- You need to visit Updownradar which is a site that provides you with the status of various websites and their services.
If the server is working fine then use try restarting your PC.
Follow the next solution to know more.
Solution 2: Restart Your PC
You should restart the PC whenever you encounter CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7 or any other bug.
All of these errors will be eradicated after a simple restart of the PC or any other device you use.
If the restart didn’t help then try closing unwanted programs to fix CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7.
Solution 3: Close Unwanted Programs On Windows 11/10
If the above solution didn’t work, then closing unwanted programs on Windows 11/10 will help you to eliminate the CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7.
So, let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the “CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7” is solved or not.
If the error persists, proceed to the next solution
Read More: How to Change Username on Windows 11?
Solution 4: Power Cycle Your Router
It’s better that you should check your network connection so, that this solution will work and provide a better internet connection which will help you solve the CCleaner Error 0x2ee7.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Turn off your router completely by taking out the power cable from the power switch.
- Now leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug it back in.
- And check if the Wi-Fi is visible to you or not.
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix.
Best Routers To Buy
If this solution also didn’t work then continue to the next one.
Solution 5: Keep your PC Updated
Outdated drivers in your PC or your current Windows version are not able to support the new connectivity parameter of your internet.
As you update your Windows, all the drivers are updated too and this will fix the CCleaner Code 0x2ee7.
So, here is how you can update your PC:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Then click on Check for updates
- If there is any update, it will start updating the PC
- After the updating is done launch CCleaner and check if you get to fix CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7.
If not then try the next solution.
Solution 6: Reinstall CCleaner On the Desktop
If you couldn’t fix CCleaner Code 0x2ee7 then one thing you can try is reinstalling CCleaner.
As it could be due to a corrupted installation of the CCleaner before so, it’s best you uninstall it and then download a fresh version of it.
To reinstall the CCleaner follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Then type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Look for the CCleaner and right-click on it to Uninstall.
- Go to CCleaner’s official website and download the latest version.
- Once complete, run this executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Now launch CCleaner and you should be able to CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7.
And if this didn’t work in fixing CCleaner Error 0x2ee7 then continue to the next fix.
Solution 7: Contact CCleaner Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you to solve CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7 then, you can contact CCleaner support and let them know about your problem in detail.
Their team will respond to you within 24 hours.
Hope all the above solutions help you to solve CCleaner Error Code 0x2ee7.
If still, you have a query feel free to share your experiences and question in the comments section
Our Social Handles!
What’s the latest version of CCleaner for Windows?
The latest version of CCleaner for Windows is 6.01.9825 and it’s available for download.
What happened CCleaner?
In September 2017, CCleaner 5.33 came with a Floxif trojan horse that could install a backdoor, enabling remote access to 2.27 million infected machines.
What do you do when CCleaner asks you to close Chrome?
Whenever CCleaner asks you to close Chrome click Yes to allow CCleaner to close Google Chrome.